10 Surprising Things You May Not Know About Your Identity
Who are you? Could you share your identity with someone in one to two sentences? What is it that uniquely makes you who you are? When it comes to identity, some feel that they have a strong sense of who they are while most others have no idea. Some people search their whole lives to discover who they are. The truth is once you are in Christ, you have a new identity.
Here are 10 things that may surprise you about your identity in Christ:
1. The moment you are born again, you receive your new identity. From that moment on, you never have to wonder, who am I?
2. Your new identity includes complete forgiveness from all sin. God is not seeking to punish you from your past mistakes and teach you a lesson. God is a God of love; that is not His character.
3. As a result of your identity in Christ, you are a completely new creation. Absolutely nothing about you is the same (except your outer shell, of course) all things are made new. Things you could not do before or things that drove you crazy before are all new now.
4. God thinks that you are amazing. You are His handiwork; you have the personality, abilities, and looks that He wanted you to have. Nothing is wrong with the way you were created.
5. God chose you. You did not accidentally sneak or stumble into the Body of Christ. He specifically picked you out.
6. Why do you go through life being stepped on and looked over? God said that you are the head and you are above. Your identity will allow you to boldly stand and take your position.
7. Defeat is simply not an option for you. God said that you are more than a conqueror.
8. You are called to be an active doer of God's Word. Just being a hearer or a procrastinator is no longer a part of who you are.
9. You are Christ's representative everywhere you go. There are no off hours or vacation days.
10. Your identity is so interwoven in Christ, that as you seek Him, you will evolve to look more and more like Him everyday.
You identity in Him may be multifaceted, but so simple to embrace because it is who you already are. You just have to believe it and walk in it daily. Let Him heal your soul!
Share this post today with someone who needs to know who they are in Christ.
Your Sister in Christ,
Prayer: Heavenly Father, Thank you for saying who I am in Christ Jesus. Help me to embrace my identity and then to walk boldly in it. In Jesus' Name, Amen.