10 Ways to Renew Your Mind
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2 NIV (emphasis added)
Renewing your mind brings great transformation. We all want to be transformed into the greatest versions of ourselves. Obviously, that does not just happen over night. It is indeed a process. Romans 12:2 suggests that it is well worth it because the benefit is being able to determine the Will of God.
Think back to the last time someone said some hurtful words to you. In the moment, you probably were caught off guard, but you had a decision to make. Would you give him/her a dose of their own medicine or would you let your transformation come forth. Your natural inclination may have been to react and say some hurtful words right back, but the goal is to think differently and be transformed. As we renew our minds, we will become more deliberate and not react as the world does.
Transformation requires time, training, and tenacity.
We can do it, right? Yes, we can take control and renew our minds! Here are 10 ways to renew your mind:
1. Pray and ask God to renew your mind daily. Ephesians 4:23
2. Study the Bible and see what God says about you and your mind. Ephesians 5:26
3. Only allow thoughts that are lovely, pure, and acceptable to enter your mind. Philippians 4:8
4. Practice not pondering certain thoughts, but capturing them. 2 Corinthians 10:5
5. Shut off negative thoughts/desires before they have the chance to conceive. James 1:15
6. Only speak positive statements about your own life.
7. Train your mind to perceive situations differently. (i.e. What is the good in this situation?)
8. Take time to rest your mind.
9. Filter your thoughts before reacting too quickly to people.
10. Get the appropriate amount of uninterrupted sleep each night.
It is up to you and I to renew our minds. The more we practice these things, the more transformation we will see in our lives and those around us. Let Him heal your soul!
I want to hear from YOU!
Question: What do you do to renew your mind?
Your Sister in Christ,
Prayer: Heavenly Father, I want to be totally transformed in your. Teach me to renew my mind daily and think on things above. In Jesus' Mighty Name I pray, Amen.